Influenza, commonly known as the flu, is caused by influenza viruses. The flu peaks between December and March every year in Japan.
Symptoms often appear relatively rapidly and include fever exceeding 38℃, headaches, joint pain, muscle aches, and fatigue. Additionally, symptoms similar to a common cold, such as sore throat, nasal discharge, and cough can also be present.
It is important to note that children and the elderly are at a higher risk of severe illness from the flu.
To avoid getting the flu, please take the following precautions:
- Opt for early vaccination.
- Wash your hands after returning from outside.
- Maintain adequate humidity in indoor spaces.
- Get sufficient rest and balanced nutrition.
- Avoid going out to crowded places or shopping districts.
- Wear a mask when going out.