Look for a place to live

The City of Yokohama offers different types of housing depending on your situation.
Foreign residents who have a “resident registration” at their local ward office can also apply.
*Conditions apply for renting a place.

Municipal Housing (Houses the City of Yokohama rent out)
Superior rental housing (housing with rental subsidies from the city or national government)
-Yokohama Livein (housing for families)
-Kosodate Livein
Housing for families with child(ren) under 18 years old and household monthly income of less than 214,000 yen
-Superior rental housing for elders
Housing for 60 year-olds and over

For more details, please see the sites below. There is information about where you can consult about housing.

Look for a place to live/City of Yokohama
Simple Japanese
Simplified Chinese